Finally! April is here and we can be certain we’re not being “fooled” as we’ve already seen the proof with the start of rain showers (replacing snow) and in some places, daffodils poking their way up from the ground. With April comes many traditional holidays such as Passover and Easter, which of course brings the Easter Bunny, in addition to the much anticipated or in some cases needed annual spring cleaning. So, while cleaning, get singing and celebrate the month in which 50 years ago The Beatles took over the charts with “Can’t Buy Me Love,” “Twist and Shout,”, “She Loves You,” “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” and “Please Please Me.” All of these songs held the top five positions on the Billboard Hot 100 in April 1964. Therefore, “Twist and Shout” through the month of April with some of the exciting tidbits below.
- Celebrate your Brother or Sister on Siblings Day, April 10.
- The first night of Passover will be celebrated by the Jewish community on Monday, April 14 and will end the evening of Tuesday, April 22.
- The always dreaded Income Tax Pay Day is April 15. With your return, treat yourself or the person who helped you complete your taxes, with something fabulous! You both deserve it!
- Christians will celebrate Good Friday, the last Friday before Easter on April 18.
- For all those Breakfast at Tiffany’s fans, celebrate what would have been the 90th birthday of Henry Manchini, the composer of “Moon River” on April 16. “You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you,” one of our favorite quotes from the movie!
- Easter is celebrated the first Sunday after the first full moon on or after the Spring Equinox which this year is celebrated on April 20. Will the bunny bring you something sweet?
- Clean up your yard, plant some flowers, put on your jewelry that features recycled gold and other environmentally friendly materials and celebrate Earth Day on April 22!
- For all the bosses out there, don’t forget to stop at your local florist, chocolatier or jeweler, to help make you look like a hero on April 23, Administrative Professionals Day!
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is usually the fourth Thursday of April. Will you be exposing your child to your daily grind on April 24 this year?
- Deemed the King of all birthstones, women born in April have the LUCKY fortune to call the Diamond their birthstone! Considered to be one of the hardest substances in the world Diamonds are thought to provide those who wear them with better relationships and an increase in inner strength. Diamonds are also thought to bring benefits such as balance, clarity and abundance while symbolizing eternal love.
- April’s flower is either the Daisy or the Sweet Pea.
- April’s Zodiac signs are Aries (until April 20) and Taurus (April 21 onwards).
- April celebrity birthdays: Eddie Murphy (3), Robert Downey Jr. (4), Pharrell Williams (5), Candace Cameron, Paul Rudd and Zach Braff (6), Jackie Chan and Russell Crowe (7), Kristen Stewart (9), Vince Gill and David Letterman (12), Sarah Michelle Gellar (14), Emma Watson, Seth Rogen and Emma Thompson (15), Jon Cryer (16), Victoria Beckham and Jennifer Garner (17), Kourtney Kardashian (18), James Franco, Kate Hudson and Ashley Judd (19), Queen Elizabeth II and Tony Romo (21), Jack Nicholson (22), John Cena and George Lopez (23), Kelly Clarkson and Barbra Streisand (24), Al Pacino and Renee Zellweger (25), Channing Tatum and Kevin James (26), Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz and Jay Leno (28), Jerry Seinfeld and Michelle Pfeiffer (29) and Willie Nelson, Johnny Galecki and Kunal Nayyar (30).
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Events, Mountz Jewelers: Central Pennsylvania's Premier Jeweler for Over 50 Years | Blog