First Anniversary Jewelry Gift Ideas for Your Girlfriend
Are you about to celebrate your one-year anniversary with your girlfriend? If so, you probably want to surprise her with something special. Your first anniversary is an exciting relationship milestone. You likely feel more comfortable around each other than you did in the beginning, yet there is so much more to share and experience together. If you're thinking about getting her jewelry for your first anniversary, that's a sign you want to keep your relationship going.
Despite the excitement, choosing jewelry for your first anniversary gift might also feel a little tricky. On the one hand, you want to show your girlfriend you love her, and you're committed. On the other hand, you may not want to send the message that you're ready to tie the knot. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to show you care while staying within boundaries. Even if this is the first time you'll be buying jewelry for your girlfriend, you can find something she'll cherish without going overboard. It's up to you and what feels right for your relationship.
In this post, we'll share jewelry ideas, so you can find the perfect first-anniversary gift that suits your relationship and your girlfriend's personality. Ready to get started? Let this be your anniversary gift guide.
Best First Anniversary Gift Ideas
The first step to choosing first-anniversary jewelry for your girlfriend is to take notice of your girlfriend's jewelry style. This will help guide your decisions when you're shopping for a piece of jewelry she'll love. To get started, pay attention to the type of jewelry your girlfriend already wears. You might even peek in her jewelry box to get a sense of her taste. Ask yourself which of the following she seems to prefer:
Next, take note of the style of jewelry she wears. Consider the following jewelry descriptions and which one fits your girlfriend best:
- Bold and modern
- Light and delicate
- Sparkling and glamorous
- Gold, silver or rose gold
- Casual and bohemian
- Personalized or sentimental
- Long or short necklaces
- Studs, hoops or dangling earrings
- Pearls or gemstones
Once you have an idea of the type of jewelry your girlfriend enjoys wearing, you'll have an easier time deciding what to buy. However, if you still feel stuck, consider buying something simple and elegant that matches a variety of styles. For example, a pretty necklace with a heart-shaped pendant clearly expresses your adoration and would look lovely with just about any outfit.
To help you find jewelry that suits a one-year anniversary, consider the ideas below. Keep your girlfriend's style in mind, and you'll be sure to find something that will sweep her off her feet.
1. Diamond Earrings
A pair of sparkling diamond earrings will make your girlfriend feel truly treasured. Diamonds are the strongest gemstone on earth, and they are a way to say your love is just as strong. Diamond earrings will also send the message that you see a dazzling future for your relationship.
Diamonds look radiant against all skin tones and can be worn with any style. Whether your girlfriend loves to dress up for a night out with friends or would never be caught in anything other than a t-shirt and jeans, diamond earrings will still look stunning.
Not sure what type of diamond earrings to get? You can't go wrong with diamond studs. Diamond studs offer timeless beauty your girlfriend can enjoy wearing every day with any outfit. She'll be reminded of the moment you gave her something so precious whenever she sees her reflection.
2. Sentimental Necklace
Just about every woman loves sentimental jewelry as a gift. Make it an anniversary to remember with a necklace that speaks from your heart.
A sentimental necklace may be the perfect one-year jewelry gift for your girlfriend, especially if she likes to wear necklaces. To choose a necklace, think about your girlfriend's jewelry preferences and lifestyle. Does she like to wear long pendant necklaces? Or have you seen her often wear shorter necklaces that highlight her beauty? It's important to think about the type of work your girlfriend does as well. For example, if your girlfriend is a nurse or works around children, she likely would not be able to wear a long necklace to her job.
The point of a sentimental necklace is to express your thoughtfulness and care. Here are a few ideas to consider for a range of styles:
- For a necklace that looks great with any style, consider a PANDORA engraved disc necklace that says, "I love you to the moon and back."
- Show your girlfriend you hope the love you share lasts forever with a delicate infinity symbol necklace.
- Promise to love your girlfriend for another year with a "Lock your promise" necklace by PANDORA.
- Give her the key to your heart on your anniversary with a romantic key necklace.
You might also consider getting a metal pendant engraved with a unique, personal message.
3. Promise Ring
If you're ready to show your commitment but not quite ready to get engaged, consider surprising your significant other with a promise ring. Although a promise ring can mean whatever you wish, you might think of it as a pre-engagement ring. A promise ring is one way to say you're ready to take the relationship seriously, and you hope the relationship continues to grow. If you decide to give your girlfriend a promise ring on your first anniversary, just make sure to express your intention behind the ring.
Promise rings come in all shapes and styles. Many involve interlocking shapes to represent two hearts intertwined or other symbols of love. However, aim to choose a ring that your girlfriend will enjoy above all else. You might choose a ring featuring her favorite gemstone color, or an elegant band that says she's loved. If you want to surprise her, try to get her ring size from a ring in her jewelry box that you've seen her wear recently.
4. Charm Bracelet
If your girlfriend likes to wear bracelets and adores sentimental and romantic gifts, consider getting her a charm bracelet. A charm bracelet makes an excellent gift — it shows your tender side, and you can buy your girlfriend a new charm for every anniversary you spend together.
It helps to choose a theme for the charm bracelet to help you pick new charms. Maybe the theme can be your journey together, and you can buy charms that represent the different stages of your relationship or hobbies you share. You might also create a theme that focuses solely on your girlfriend and the things she loves. You might get her a birthstone charm on her birthday and charms to celebrate her accomplishments. Either way, a charm bracelet is a gift you can add to over time.
PANDORA makes beautiful charms and charm bracelets. To create a PANDORA charm bracelet, you'll first need to choose a bracelet style for your girlfriend. PANDORA offers a range of bracelets from braided leather bracelets to sleek sterling silver bangles. Once you have the bracelet picked out, it's time to choose a charm or two. For example, you might choose the Flourishing Hearts charm to celebrate your growing love.
You can also add clips or spacers to the bracelet to add pops of color or to keep charms evenly spaced out and balanced. For example, if your girlfriend's favorite color is blue, you might place brilliant blue crystal spacers on either side of a charm. Whether you choose PANDORA or another type of charm bracelet, it's sure to evoke sweet emotions.
5. Thoughtful Bracelet
If your girlfriend enjoys wearing bracelets, but you're not sure if a charm bracelet is her style, you have plenty of other options. For example, if your other half has a classic minimalist style, consider giving her a bangle bracelet. Try to notice whether your girlfriend prefers gold or silver before shopping for the perfect bangle. A bangle looks lovely with a variety of clothing styles and often makes a flattering piece of jewelry. Here are a few more bracelets to consider:
- If your girlfriend has an artistic flair, consider a unique twisted ribbon bangle.
- A cat lover will adore the Charles Krypell sterling silver bangle for a sensitive sweetheart.
- If your girlfriend adores pearls, consider the elegant Honora collection.
- If your girlfriend has a beloved puppy at home, consider warming her heart with an adorable Dog Fever bracelet.
Overall, a bracelet that reflects your girlfriend's unique personality and shows how much you care makes a memorable anniversary gift.
6. Dazzling Gemstone Jewelry
Did you notice your girlfriend likes to wear jewelry with a ton of sparkle? You might consider treating her to a shining piece of gemstone jewelry. A dazzling piece of jewelry will make your girlfriend feel appreciated and pampered. Here are a few ideas for the gemstone lover in your life:
- Ring: If your girlfriend enjoys wearing vintage or intricately-detailed rings, consider a bewitching strawberry gold ring. For a bold and modern one-year anniversary gift, consider a unique open wrap ring.
- Gemstone pendant necklace: Show your girlfriend she captured your heart with a mesmerizing lapis triplet and diamond pendant necklace by Ippolita. If your girlfriend won your heart with her blue eyes, treat her to a blue topaz pendant necklace by Tacori to enhance her baby blues.
- Diamond pendant necklace: If your significant other likes sparkling diamonds, present her with a diamond heart pendant and watch her light up with joy. If she loves yellow gold, choose the Gabriel & Co. diamond heart pendant.
Tips for Choosing One-Year Anniversary Jewelry for Your Girlfriend
You now probably have a better idea of what you would like to get your girlfriend for your anniversary. Here are a few more tips to keep in mind to guide your decisions:
- Consider the level of commitment: Before you invest in a piece of fine jewelry for your girlfriend, consider the level of commitment you both share. If you are both on the same page and have talked openly about plans for the future and taking your relationship to the next level, it may be appropriate to invest in a luxurious gift. If you share a more relaxed relationship, you might want to treat her to something less extravagant but still special.
- Choose jewelry high in sentimental value: Regardless of your budget, make sure to choose jewelry that holds meaning and symbolizes the love you share. Ask yourself what you mean to say with the jewelry. If your girlfriend sees the thought you put into buying the jewelry, she'll enjoy wearing the jewelry even more, and it will remind her of your love every time she wears your gift.
- Consider what she will enjoy wearing every day: A piece of fine jewelry is a long-lasting token of love, and it's likely your girlfriend will want to wear the jewelry every day. Consider her lifestyle and clothing style when choosing a piece of jewelry. If you aren't able to define her style, consider something versatile yet impressive, like diamond studs or a thoughtful pendant necklace. You might also choose a basic bangle or a plain pendant and have it engraved with a personal, romantic message.
- Let her choose the jewelry: Instead of surprising your girlfriend with jewelry, you might surprise her with a trip to a jeweler. Give her a gift certificate with a heartfelt note on your anniversary day, and let her choose jewelry she's sure to adore.
Once you decide on the perfect jewelry, consider our ideas for creative ways to present your gift.
Trust Your Special Moments to Mountz
Your first anniversary is a reason to celebrate and shower your girlfriend with love. There's no better way to show your commitment and adoration than with a gorgeous piece of jewelry that suits her taste and shows your effort. If you still feel unsure about what to get your girlfriend for your first anniversary, we can help.
At Mountz Jewelers, we are happy to guide you toward the perfect first-anniversary gift, whether it's pre-marriage or post-marriage. We know jewelry shopping can be intimidating, especially if it's your first time buying jewelry for your other half. We can help you choose jewelry your girlfriend will cherish and that suits her personality and style. We'll also assist you in finding the best jewelry for your budget. We want every customer to enjoy a comfortable, stress-free experience so they can find the right gift for the person they love.