The monthly stats … June!
Summer, weddings, father’s day, vacations, it seems like the reasons to celebrate the month of June are endless! Memories of June include the end of long school days, endless nights filled with fun and the explosive scents of the beach. We have the whole summer ahead of us, which for many means much to look forward to. So, as you look ahead to the fun July and August will hold, make sure you take a minute to enjoy June. It’s only the beginning of summer for seconds and you won’t want to miss it!
- June is only one of four months with a length of 30 days and is the month with the longest daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
The Latin name for June is Junius. There are multiple folklores as to the meaning of June but our favorite here is that it’s named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage and the wife of the supreme deity Jupiter. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to all our June brides!
- Flag Day is celebrated on June 14 and commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States which happened on this day in 1777. Stop into Mountz and receive your FREE American Flag Pin!
- It’s Dad’s turn! Show Dad some love this year on June 15,Father’s Day, with something other than the latest gadget. We’re here to help!
- SUMMER is here and the heat is on starting June 21. For those who even think the words “I wish it was cooler!” please remember the previous months spent shivering inside. ENJOY your hot filled vacations!
- America’s most popular generation deserves some R-E-S-P-E-C-T on Baby Boomers Recognition Day, celebrated June 23. The very last of the Baby Boomers will turn 50 this year. Be sure to surprise them with something delightful to commemorate the occasion!
- On June 27, the song used around the world to celebrate the day we enter the world, “Happy Birthday To You” will turn 155 years old. Sing it loud, especially if you share a birthday with the happy tune!
The Pearl, the birthstone for June, many years ago were placed under a bride’s pillow and were believed to boost her chance of becoming pregnant, making the pearl a traditional wedding gift to the bride, to be worn on her special day. A symbol of purity, perfection and good taste pearls come in many colors and sizes and are suggested for the first, third, 12th and 30th anniversaries. Stop in today to see our beautiful collection of pearls for wearing during June birthdays, weddings and anniversaries!
- June’s flower is the Rose.
- June’s Zodiac signs are Gemini (until June 20) and Cancer (June 21 onwards).
- June celebrity birthdays: Morgan Freeman, Heidi Klum and Andy Griffith (1), Wayne Brady (2), Anderson Cooper (3), Angelina Jolie and Russel Brand (4), Mark Wahlberg (5), Prince and Liam Neeson (7), Kanye West and Joan Rivers (8), Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman and Michael J. Fox (9), Kate Upton (10), Shia LaBeouf and Joe Montana (11), Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (13), Donald Trump (14), Neil Patrick Harris and Courteney Cox (15), Phil Mickelson (16), Blake Shelton and Paul McCartney (18), Macklemore and Paula Abdul (19), Nicole Kidman and Lionel Richie (20), Prince William (21), Meryl Streep, Cyndi Lauper and Carson Daly (22), George Michael (25), Khloe Kardashian and Tobey Maguire (27), Kellie Pickler, Kathy Bates and John Cusack (28), Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Busey (29), Michael Phelps and Mike Tyson(30).
What are you celebrating this June? Is someone in your life graduating from high school or getting married this month? Let us know how we can help you kick-off your summer!