The monthly stats ... March!
The light is at the end of the tunnel. We can see the first day of spring, in the very near future. The word spring or springtime refers to the ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal and regrowth. All words that I, on this 28 degree day in March, can get excited about. To me, these words provide hope for the very things I’m looking forward to. Warm sunny days, clean refreshed homes and the introduction of new clothes and jewelry in pastels reminiscent of the spring and summer seasons ahead. So this weekend, when you spring ahead, celebrate with us by freshening up your home and wardrobe with light blues, greens, pinks and yellows. We’re happy to share, some of the upcoming dates that will continue to motivate you to the rebirth of spring!
What are you celebrating this March, other than the first day of spring? Let us know if we can help make your special day even better!
- Daylight Saving Time Begins on Sunday, March 9. Remember to spring ahead by turning your clocks one hour ahead and begin to enjoy the sun longer!
- The Ides of March, the anniversary of the assassination of Julius Caesar by Brutus, Cassius, Casca and others is March 15.
- Saint Patrick’s Day or the Feast of Saint Patrick is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated every March 17. The color most commonly associated with the day is green. Green ribbons and shamrocks are worn in celebration. How about some jewelry too!
- This day cannot come fast enough. The First Day of Spring is Thursday, March 20. Celebrate with some new spring jewelry designs!
- The Madness returns! The NCAA Basketball Tournament begins with Selection Sunday on March 16. The First Round will begin March 18 and the Championship Game will be played on April 7. Who are you rooting for?! Go Wildcats!
March’s birthstone is aquamarine which means water, and marina, meaning the sea. This gemstone was believed to protect sailors, as well as to guarantee a safe voyage. The serene color of aquamarine is said to cool the temper, allowing the wearer to remain calm and levelheaded. It’s pale, cool color beautifully complements spring and summer wardrobes.
- March’s flower is the daffodil.
- March’s Zodiac signs are Pisces (until March 20) and Aries (March 21 onwards).
- March celebrity birthdays: Justin Bieber (1), Jon Bon Jovi and Ben Roethlisberger (2), Jessica Biel (3), Eva Mendes and Michael Irvin (5), Shaquille O’Neal (5), Bryan Cranston and Jenna Fischer (7), Hine Ward (8), Carrie Underwood and Robin Thicke (10), James Taylor (12), Albert Einstein and Billy Crystal (14), Will I Am, Eva Longoria and Bret Michaels (15), Rob Lowe and Kurt Russell (17), Adam Levine and Queen Latifah (18), Bruce Willis (19), Matthew Broderick (21), Reese Witherspoon and William Shatner (22), Jim Parsons and Alyson Hannigan (24), Elton John and Sarah Jessica Parker (25), Steven Tyler, Diana Ross, Kenny Chesney and Keira Knightley (26), Mariah Carey (27), Lady Gaga, Reba McEntire and Vince Vaughn (28), Celine Dion (30) and Ewan McGregor and Christopher Walken (31).