The monthly stats … October!
Mountz Jewelers is 35 this month! Celebrating an anniversary often leaves people reflecting on how it all started and the journey they’ve taken to get to their monumental occasion and Mountz is no different. Built on a 65-year family heritage in the jewelry business, the original Mountz Jewelers location in Carlisle was purchased in 1979 by Ron Leitzel. Since then, Mountz Jewelers has expanded to three free standing locations and is now operated by brother and sister team, Ron Leitzel and Tonia Ulsh. On a daily basis Mountz Jewelers is honored to celebrate the special moments in our cusomer’s lives and over the next two weeks, we’re once again celebrating with you but this time it’s for the Mountz journey and the wonderful people who have been a part of the ride. Happy Anniversary to all those who have supported us over the past 35 years … Happy October!
Do you share an anniversary with Mountz? Are you on the HUNT for one of our 35 gifts? We hope to see you during our 35th Anniversary celebration!
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in recognition of this important cause, PANDORA one of Mountz’s distinguished brands, will donate 5% of sales this month to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help women now and inspire hope to those affected by breast cancer. So stop in today and show your support for this tremendous cause!
- Celebrate with us! From October 1 to October 11 Mountz Jewelers is celebrating their 35th Anniversary! Have you tried to find one of our 35 gifts?! Check our Facebook and Instagram pages for daily hints and to see all the lucky winners so far!
- Saturday, October 4 is Yom Kippur the most solemn religious fast of the Jewish year, the last of the ten days of penitence that begin with Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) which began September 25.
- Who doesn’t love a cute and cuddly Teddy Bear! If you happen to love yours more than the average person, express that love on Wednesday, October 8 which is National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work Day.
- Monday, October 13 is Columbus Day. Annually the second Monday of October in the US remembers Christopher Columbus’ arrival to the Americas on October 12, 1492.
- Do you love your boss? Share that love on Thursday, October 16 deemed National Boss’s Day.
- Batter Up! October 21 is the first game of the World Series and some Central PA favorites have a shot at making it to the championship! Stop in today and pick-up your favorite MLB charms and show your support for your team. Good luck to the Nationals and Orioles who have a shot at the title! Sorry Pirates and Phillies fans, maybe next season.
- On Mother-In Law’s Day, Sunday, October 26 be sure to share your appreciation for all she does in your life by picking her up a little something special. We’re talking to you boys! This is sure to earn you some brownie points.
- All Hallows Eve or as it is known today Halloween officially is celebrated on October 31. If you live in a local town, celebrating the Thursday before, enjoy your treats early or twice!
- From the Greek word Opallos, meaning “to see a change (of color)”; opals are the birthstone of October. Ranging in color from milky white to black with flashes of yellow, orange, green, red and blue opals have been one of the biggest jewelry trends of 2014. They are also traditionally given to mark the 14th wedding anniversary. These shimmering stones have a rich history and were collected by ancients around the world.
- The birth flower for October is the calendula.
- Octobers’s Zodiac signs are Libra (until October 22) and Scorpio (October 23 onwards).
- October celebrity birthdays: Julie Andrews and Jimmy Carter (1), Sting and Kelly Ripa (2), Gwen Stefani (3), Alicia Silverstone (4), Kate Winslet and Bernie Mac (5), Elisabeth Shue and Tony Dungy (6), Simon Cowell and Toni Braxton (7), Bruno Mars, Nick Cannon and Matt Damon (8), Sharon Osbourne (9), Mario Lopez and Brett Favre (10), Emily Deschanel (11), Hugh Jackman and Josh Hutcherson (12), Ashanti and Jerry Rice (13), Usher (14), John Mayer and Angela Lansbury (16), Eminem (17), Zac Efron (18), Snoop Dog, John Krasinski and Tom Petty (20), Kim Kardashian and Carrie Fisher (21), Christopher Lloyd (22), Ryan Reynolds and Weird Al Yankovic (23), Katy Perry (25), Keith Urban, Seth MacFarlane, Hillary Clinton and Pat Sajak (26), Kelly Osbourne (27), Bill Gates and Julia Roberts (28), Winona Ryder (29), Henry Winkler (30) and Vanilla Ice (31).