It’s official, summer will be over on Monday! Seem too early or too soon? With Labor Day being the first Monday of the month and the first day of September this year, it is early. So, it’s officially time to embrace fall and to get excited about the cooler days, warm colors and the comforts that the season brings. September may be your last month of reprieve before the hustle of the holidays approaches. So enjoy the start of fall … Happy September!
- Monday, September 1 is Labor Day. The first Monday of every September in the US pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers. It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th Century and became a federal holiday in 1894.
- Who doesn’t LOVE their grandparents! Make sure they feel your love this September 7 by celebrating grandparents’ day with a nice huge hug.
- “Oh say can you see by the dawn’s early light, …”. Sing our national anthem out loud on September 14 in celebration of the day that Francis Scott Key wrote our beloved song 200 years ago today.
- September 15 is the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month which continues until October 15 in the US. The contributions of Hispanic and Latino Americans are celebrated along with the group’s heritage and culture.
- A fan of good old fashion TV! Then on September 17 make a note to celebrate the 50th birthday of the following iconic autumn lineup of programs that debut this day and those immediately following back in 1964. Bewitched aired on Thursday the 17th followed by the Addams Family the next day and then Flipper on Saturday evening. In the following two weeks Daniel Boone, Gilligan’s Island and The Flintstones all hit the small screen!
- Tuesday, September 23 will officially mark the first day of Autumn. Have a personal celebration by treating yourself to a new PANDORA charm from the autumn collection or a NFL charm to cheer on your favorite team as the season is officially underway!
- Punctuation does matter, so celebrate National Punctuation Day on September 24. It’s the difference between ‘Let’s eat Grandma!’ or ‘Let’s eat, Grandma!’ Punctuation saves lives! It’s all in the details!
- The love of hunting and fishing will be celebrated nationally on September 27 which is National Hunting and Fishing Day. We know many of our friends here in Central PA will participate in activities in honor of this day. If any of you are in the process of planning for a wedding, you may want to check out some of our newest wedding bands. Camo anyone?
- Looking to protect your loved ones from envy and harm? According to folklore, September’s birthstone the sapphire will do just that. Medieval clergy wore sapphires to symbolize heaven, while commoners thought the gem attracted heavenly blessings.
- The birth flowers for September are the forget-me-not, morning glory and aster.
- September’s Zodiac signs are Virgo (until September 21) and Libra (September 22 onwards).
- September celebrity birthdays: Dr. Phil McGraw (1), Mark Harmon and Salma Hayek (2), Charlie Sheen and Shaun White (3), Beyonce Knowles and Phil Lewis (4), Caroline Sunshine and Katerina Graham (5), Max George and Idris Elba (6), Corbin Bernsen (7), Pink (8), Adam Sandler, Hunter Hayes, Michael Buble and Michelle Williams (9), Colin Firth and Arnold Palmer (10), Ludacris (12), Paul Walker (12), Niall Horan and Tyler Perry (13), Logan Henderson (14), Prince Harry (15), Flo Rida and Nick Jonas (16), Mia Talerico (17), Ronaldo (18), Patrick Breeding and Jimmy Fallon (19), Phillip Phillips and Sophia Loren (20), Bill Murray and Stephen King (21), Tom Felton (22), Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles, Mickey Rooney and Jason Alexander (23), Nia Vardalos (24), Will Smith (25), Olivia Newton John and Serena Williams (26), Lil Wayne, Avril Lavigne, Gwyneth Paltrow and Meat Loaf (27), Hilary Duff and Naomi Watts (28), Kevin Durant (29) and Fran Drescher and Barry Williams (30).
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Events, Mountz Jewelers: Central Pennsylvania's Premier Jeweler for Over 50 Years | Blog