Quiz: What’s Your Valentine’s Day Style?
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and couples everywhere are making plans for the special date. Our team at Mountz has had the honor of working with so many different couples over the years. Along the way, we’ve developed a knack for understanding each couple’s Valentine’s Day style and what jewelry will best compliment that. That’s why we designed a quiz that reveals what your Valentine's Day may look like based on your unique relationship. Get out a piece of paper and a pen, jot down your answers and add them up at the end to discover your results.
1. Which gift is best for Valentine’s Day: chocolate, flowers, jewelry or something else entirely?
- Chocolates. They’re pretty easy. (And tasty!)
- Jewelry, obviously. Nothing expresses love like gorgeous diamonds and gemstones.
- Flowers because they’re naturally beautiful.
- Why not get a romantic tarot reading?
2. What kind of movies do you enjoy together?
- Just about anything!
- Going out to the movies is an event for us. We splurge on a huge tub of popcorn, drinks and candy.
- Movies are boring. We’d rather be outside!
- We really liked “The French Dispatch” but nobody else seems to know about it.
3. Coffee or tea?
- Either is good. We just roll with whatever the situation offers.
- COFFEE, but only the finest brews meticulously crafted via pour-over.
- Herbal tea to keep us energized while we’re hiking.
- Neither. We swig kombucha by the gallon though.
4. What’s your ideal vacation together?
- A quiet getaway to someplace quaint and low-key.
- Hitting up major cities around the globe, staying in the most lavish hotels and dining at world-class restaurants.
- Camping, of course!
- Someplace off the beaten track which is NOT listed in any tourist brochure.
5. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- Something practical. We’d probably save it or buy a house.
- Spend it all fairly quickly. We have expensive taste.
- We’d buy land so we could own a little bit of the outdoors.
- Decorate our home with some original artwork.
6. Pick a dinosaur.
- Stegosaurus. They just seem so chill.
- What’s the biggest one?
- Can we like them all? Nature is full of wondrous variety.
- Archaeopteryx. Since they're basically half bird and half dinosaur, they're wholly unique from the others.
7. Macaroni and cheese, yay or nay?
- Is that even a question? It should be its own food group!
- Only if it’s crafted with the fanciest cheeses and home-made pasta.
- Instant mac and cheese is perfect for backpacking.
- Yes, but we make ours with zucchini noodles.
8. Your hairdresser gives you a really terrible haircut. What do you do?
- Nothing. It’ll grow out.
- We pay our hairdresser too much for that.
- Well, we wear a lot of hats anyways, so it’s not really a problem.
- We’d pivot. It’s not a bad haircut. It’s just creative.
9. You’re stranded on a desert island. What essential item would you want with you?
- We have each other. That’s all we need.
- Can we get room service?
- Water. We wouldn’t last long without it.
- Painting supplies or pen and paper, so we can create things to not be bored out of our minds.
10. Pick a love song for your relationship.
- “All You Need is Love” by The Beatles
- “I Will Always Love You”, the Whitney Houston version
- “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
All finished? Okay, total up how many A’s, B’s, C’s and D’s you got. Once you’ve done that, find your results below.
If you answered mostly A’s:
You are a low-key and down-to-earth couple. At the end of the day it’s most important to enjoy each other’s company. You honor Valentine’s Day through a quiet, intimate evening together, either in a restaurant or at home. You can also celebrate it with this striking LAGOS Love Knot Necklace, symbolizing the unbreakable bond between two lovers. Crafted of 18-Karat yellow gold and sterling silver, this is made with LAGOS’ signature caviar texturing, adding an additional layer of sophistication.
If you answered mostly B’s:
You adore the extravagant and luxurious. Your motto is “nothing but the best'' and you’ll do everything you can to attain it. For Valentine’s Day, you’ll be seen dining at a Michelin Star restaurant and staying in the honeymoon suite at a swank hotel. The perfect accompaniment for your Valentine’s Day festivities is this LeVian Emerald and Diamond Halo Ring. A gorgeous emerald shines brilliantly in the center with a radiant halo of diamonds. Emeralds also symbolize fidelity and true love, making this perfect for your significant other.
If you answered mostly C’s:
Boy, do you guys LOVE the outdoors! Skiing, hiking, camping, canoeing, snowshoeing…you name it! You both appreciate nature in all its abundance. Your Valentine’s Day will be cuddling by an open fire and looking up at the stars. For something stunning yet practical, nothing beats a pair of classic Hearts on Fire Diamond Studs. These can be worn with casual and formal wear, making them perfect for any occasion. Plus, diamonds are one of mother nature’s most amazing creations and a beautiful expression of love.
If you answered mostly D’s:
You’re creative, a little unconventional and always looking at things from a different angle. For your Valentine’s Day, you’ll be doing something unique like taking a painting class or going to an off-Broadway show. This John Hardy Transformable Bracelet/Necklace is the perfect piece for you. Carefully crafted of Lapis Lazuli, Kyanite, Pyrite, Hematite and Hammered Silver Beads, it can be worn as a chic bracelet or transformed into a dazzling necklace.
Find Your Mountz Moment
No matter what you decide to do for Valentine’s Day this year, make it memorable with a timeless gift from Mountz Jewelers. We have extensive collections from world-renowned designers just waiting for you to explore. Plus, our friendly team is always ready to assist you in finding the piece which will make your partner’s heart sing. So, stop by one of our three locations today and discover the perfect gift for your Valentine.