The monthly stats ... August!
Can you smell it?! I can, it’s the scent of fall and it’s literally right around the corner. August is the last of the summer months, when we say goodbye to the season that we often look forward to most, by celebrating its end on Labor Day. So, don’t let the candy corn already on the shelves scare you! Enjoy August for the next 28 days and don’t let yourself skip into September without feeling refreshed, because once September starts there’s no stopping it! Enjoy the rest of your month while slightly enjoying the anticipation of the next … Happy August!
As The Tempos originally sang in 1959 and Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons a year or so later “See you in September!” for many students in the Central PA Area, does NOT ring true as August is National Back to School month! We’re certain; since we flipped the calendar to August parents all over our area have flooded local retailers for all the must haves for the start of school. Make sure your little lady starts the school year with the hottest trends on her arm. Arm party anyone? Let Alex and Ani and PANDORA help her set the trends with her friends.
- Have an affection for goat cheese? This is your month as August is National Goat Cheese Month. Goat cheese in a salad, yum! Really!
Are you ready for some footballllllll! This is the month that the NFL kickoffs preseason games and it’s a great excuse to recognize National Panini Month. Click here for some fantastic Panini ideas! In my house during football season every Sunday is Panini Day!
- August is ‘What Will Be Your Legacy’ Month. A legacy is what someone leaves behind for future generations or a gift of personal property. Take this opportunity to take inventory of all your gorgeous jewelry pieces and be sure that you have the appropriate appraisals for any of your pieces to be passed down from generation to generation. If you’re not sure how to do this, let Mountz help.
- On August 15, Woodstock, NY will celebrate forty-five years since the promise of free music, good times and much love drew 400,000 young people to a field in this NY town.
Women’s Equality Day celebrated on August 26, commemorates the granting of the vote to women and more generally the gains women have made since the amendment to the Constitution in 1920. As a fellow lady, I say we all treat ourselves to something special as a reward for our ongoing efforts to be the best we can be!
Slightly faded green grass in August, the refreshing taste of lime in soda or gin and tonics make the gorgeous green of Peridot, appropriately the birthstone of the eighth month. Said to host magical powers and healing properties to protect against nightmares and to bring the wearer power, influence and a wonderful year. Peridot is suggested for the 16th wedding anniversary.
- August’s flowers are gladiolus or poppy.
- August’s Zodiac signs are Leo (until August 22) and Virgo (August 23 onwards).
- August celebrity birthdays: Tom Brady and Martha Stewart (3), Barack Obama (4), Charlize Theron (7), Roger Federer and Dustin Hoffman (8), Kylie Jenner and Antonio Banderas (10), Chris Hemsworth and Hulk Hogan (11),Mila Kunis and Halle Berry (14), Jennifer Lawrence and Ben Affleck (15), Madonna and Steve Carell (16), Robert DeNiro and Sean Penn (17), Andy Samberg, Edward Norton and Robert Redford (18), John Stamos, Bill Clinton and Matthew Perry (19), Demi Lovato, Andrew Garfield and Amy Adams (20), Hayden Panettiere (21), Kristen Wiig (22), Kobe Bryant (23), Rupert Grint and Vince McMahon (24), Sean Connery and Blake Lively (25), Melissa McCarthy (26), Jack Black and Shania Twain (28), Lea Michele (29), Cameron Diaz (30) and Richard Gere (31).
How will you celebrate the end of your summer? Or are you already geared up for everything that comes with fall? Let us know what your favorite time of year is?