February is typically celebrated as the month of LOVE, when the colors red and pink take the stage. But so far, February 2014 has started off as nothing more than a cold shade of white. Our states very famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, may be right this year; winter will extend well into March leaving the hope for an early spring, just that, a hope. So, instead of being gloomy, let’s remember all the great things that February has to offer other than snow and give ourselves the motivation to continue to dig out!
- February is the shortest month and the only month with fewer than 30 days. The month has 28 days in common years and 29 days in leap years.
- Having only 28 days in common years,February is the only month that can pass without a single full moon. This last happened in 1999 and will next happen in 2018.
- February is Black History Month.
- The 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia will take place from February 7 to 23. Another reason to celebrate GOLD!
- Considered the month of love, Valentine’s Day is always celebrated on February 14. Mountz is Cupid approved, so please stop in and let us know how we can help make it a special day for the loves in your life!
- President’s Day is celebrated on the third Monday of the month and therefore February 17.
- February’s birthstone is the amethyst which symbolizes piety,humility, spiritual wisdom and sincerity. With Radiant Orchid running the color scheme in 2014,this is, in fact, the year of amethyst which is most often spotted in shades of lilac. It’s been said that one can rub amethyst across his forehead for headache relief, andputting a piece under your pillow will bring sweet dreams. Look for some of these pieces for your jewelry collection, while you celebrate the month—year, actually—of amethyst.
- February’s flower is the violet and the common primrose.
- February’s Zodiac signs are Aquarius (until February 18) and Pisces (February 19 onwards).
- February celebrity birthdays: Chris Rock, Ashton Kutcher, Garth Brooks (7), Seth Green (8), Joe Pesci (9), Taylor Lautner, Jennifer Aniston (11), Florence Henderson (14), Jane Seymour (15), Ice T (16), Michael Jordan (17), John Travolta, Molly Ringwald (18), Rihanna, Sidney Poitier, Charles TACORI Lilac Blossoms Amethyst Center Stone Ring nestled within a bed of Diamonds. Available in our Colonial Park store.[/caption] Barkley, Cindy Crawford (20), and Drew Barrymore (22).
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Events, Mountz Jewelers: Central Pennsylvania's Premier Jeweler for Over 50 Years | Blog